If you tried tracking your DHL parcel and it displays this status, it does not mean it is not moving.
What does this status mean?
This status means that the sender has sent a request to DHL to arrange your parcel collection. In other countries, it means DHL has not picked your parcel. But this is not the case in the Philippines, specifically their Dumaguete Branch.
In the Philippines, this status encompasses a group of actions and appears when:
- DHL's system generates your parcel's tracking number and schedules pickup.
- The DHL sending branch has picked up your parcel.
- The parcel is on its way to an export gateway on another island (either Cebu or Manila). Typically, this process takes one day via air. But in the current COVID-19 situation, they do this once a week via sea, so expect a maximum delay of five days.
- Only when the parcel reaches the export gateway will DHL update your tracking status.
- Shipment picked up
- Arrived at Sort Facility
- Processed at MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE
- Processed at CEBU - PHILIPPINES, THE
What to do if you get this status:
- Wait for new statuses. Because of the grouped events under this status, this can sometimes cause confusion and frustration. It would appear that your shipment has stalled and is still awaiting pickup, even though it is already on its way to the outbound gateway. It is entirely normal for your tracker to show this status for a few days since it will only get updated once your package reaches the export gateway.