If you tried tracking your LBC Express parcel and it says "Shipment has been accepted at Dumaguete <branch name>" for a few days, it does not necessarily mean it is not moving.
This status encompasses a group of actions and appears when:
- The sending LBC branch accepts your parcel.
- LBC loads your parcel on the cargo ship for transit to the destination province. Cargo ships currently sail only once a week due to the current COVID-19 situation, so your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.
- LBC unloads your parcel from the ship and transports it to its regional distribution center.
- Shipment has been received at...
What to do if you get this status:
- Wait for new statuses. As a result of the grouped events under this status, this can sometimes be a cause of confusion and frustration, since it would appear that your shipment has stalled at the sending branch, even though it is already on its way to your local distribution center. It is entirely normal for your tracker to show this status for a few days since it will only get updated once your package reaches the distribution center.