If PayPal is rejecting your credit/debit card with the message, "the card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number." it might be due to one of the following reasons:
- Your card is associated with a specific PayPal account, and you're not logged in to that particular account.
- Your card was associated with a PayPal account that has since been closed.
- You've linked the card to a PayPal account, but have not yet confirmed it.
- You've exceeded your card limit with the PayPal system.
- Your email address is raising a red flag in PayPal's system. The card issuer sees a charge that doesn’t fit your normal spending patterns and blocks the transaction to protect you.
- Your browser is not accepting cookies. You should clear any existing cookies and try again.
- The card issuer is having technical problems that prevent authorization of a transaction.
If your debit or credit card was declined, check to see if:
- Your card is expired or out of date. If the card you have on file doesn’t have your current billing address or is expired it will be declined. You can update your cards expiration and/or your billing address quickly and easily in your PayPal account.
- You need to confirm your card. Your card may need to go through a confirmation process. Please note if there’s no “confirm credit card” link on your card details page within your PayPal Wallet, you don’t need to complete this step.
- Your card issuer or bank has more information. If the above steps don’t solve the issue, you can call your credit card company to identify the problem. To protect your privacy, your debit or credit card company or card issuer doesn't tell PayPal why your card was declined. If you can still use your card, please try your transaction again.
If your payment won’t process with your bank account or you’re still having problems with your card, try:
- Changing your payment method at checkout. You may use other payment methods to pay for your order. If you wish to use your PayPal account and you only have one payment method linked to your account, you’ll need to add another payment method before you can do this. You can add a credit or debit card or add your bank account. Both options are quick and easy and will give you more flexibility at checkout.
- Confirming your recipient’s email address or phone number is entered correctly. Make sure the recipient has finished registering for their PayPal account by confirming their information. A payment will fail if they haven’t completed this process.
- Using another credit card to pay for your order.